Welcome to Brian Wong 's Economics tutorial Website! Located in Hong Kong Serving for the world
Brian Wong - Professional tutor for Economics Excellent Teaching experience - Students from famous all over HK and England. Expert of teaching UK GCE A level Exam - one of the leading UK GCE tutor in Hong Kong
IGCSE Edexcel Economics Regular Tutorial Class 2018/19 School Year
2019 IGCSE Edexcel Exam will have new reform
Exam difficulty will be significantly increased (closer to Alevel requirement)
6 mark questions will be replaced by some 12 marks question
Our training will be updated with the new changes and will increase the long question training during lesson.
2018/19學年REGULAR IGCSE - EDEXCEL 課程
歡迎ESF SCHOOLS 英基學校, 各大國際學校及聖保祿同學報導,大量IGCSE EDEXCEL 及 IGCSE CIE (GSIS, FIS and YCIS)學生取得A*成績, 學習方法決定成果.
Suitable for All ESF Schools like Island, South Island, West Island, Sha Tin College; St. Paul Convent and other schools
which adopted Edexcel IGCSE exam
Student from YCIS and German Swiss should apply for individual lessons as they will take the CIE IGCSE exam which
is not suitable for the below courses.
IGCSE EDEXCEL ECONOMICS HAVE FOUR MAJOR PARTS
- Question 1 Micro Economics
- Question 2 Business and firms
- Question 3 Macro Economics
- Question 4 International Trade and development
IGCSE 課程結構非常清晰, 學生未能考好的主因是處理題目時出問題
IGCSE EDEXCEL FIRST YEAR COURSES
TOPICS: (First Year)
FIRMS AND PRODUCTION
This course is designed for IGCSE economics students in Hong Kong.
We will main focus on exam question handling.
1) Learning all the key concepts and diagrams in class (e.g. Demand and supply, elasticity,GDP, Balance of payment)
2) Apply the concept in different case in real life (e.g. apply PED and YED concepts in business )
In Class practise of exam papers, we will teach student how to efficiently handling the 6 mark or above questions and accurately response the short questions..
EDEXCEL EXAM PAPER- PAPER 1 ONLY
-Short questions (1-4marks), long questions (evaluative, 5-6marks)
- Most of the students lost marks in the long question with evaluation parts
- They also lose mark in some simple questions, like mixing the concept of PED and demand factors.
- We will claerly teach the student the concepts
of the the subject and have in class practice to assess whether
the student can follow the progress.
** FOR STUDENT WHO STUDY CIE IGCSE (MAINLY GSIS / YCIS STUDENTS )
PLEASE APPLY FOR PRIVATE TUTORIAL LESSON , OUR ONE TO ONE LESSON WILL COVER FROM THE KNOWLEDGE TO EXAM PAPERS. NOTICE THAT THE CIE PEPER ONLY HAVE PAPER 1 AND PAPER 2 NOW, BUT THE PAPER 3 TYPE QUESTION STILL APPEAR IN THE NEW PAPER 2.
NOTICE THAT STUDENT COULD JOIN BOTH MICRO AND MACRO CLASS ON SAT IF THEY WANT TO COMPLETE THE IGCSE COURSE WITHIN ONE YEAR, THANK YOU.
LOCATION : Flat E 14/F Wing Kut Street Shing Hing Commercial Building, Sheung Wan
上環永吉街21-27號誠興商業大廈14/F UNIT E
Class Detail: The IGCSE Economics Class is perfectly fit for students who will take the Summer Edexcel 2013 IGCSE Economics Exam.
- Teached by professional economics tutor - Brian Wong
- Interactive Class with Max. 7 students could enable each student have chance to raising questions
- Exam Focus, telling you which part of the context is important and which part you could ignore
- Key Economics concepts review (including graphs), solid your economics knowledge
- Exam paper analysis ( like how to handle different question wordings like Discuss / Explain / To what extent )
In class exam paper review and practice
- Instant class feedback of student answers, identify any weakness, suggest for improvement (esp. for 6 marks evaluation Question!)
- In class notes taking for future revision
Cost saving - Enjoy benefits of personal tutorial service with a reasonable price
Interactive between students - Discussion and experience sharing among students is highly valuable
Students are welcome to join my class at any time of the year. I could arrange for individual tutorial for the missing parts of the pervious lessons.
Local School students and private candidates are also welcome to join!
- I also offer individual tutorial service for CIE IGCSE students.
International schools like Yew Chung and German Swiss adopt the CIE exam board for their IGCSE Economics subject.
- CIE is more difficult than Edexcel , they will focus more on long questions and have many M.C. questions.
- Clear definition and answer development skills is very important for good results.
- CIE Students need to focus more on theories and application for the long question (max 10 marks)
- Exam practice and topics concept is very useful for students
i have rich experience in teaching international schools in Hong Kong. My students come from famous schools all over HK: CANADIAN INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL (HK, IB Economics)
GERMAN SWISS INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL (HK, CIE-EDEXCEL)
THE ISF ACADEMY (IB ECONOMICS)
DBS (IB ECONOMICS)
KING GEORGE V SCHOOL (IB Economics)
SOUTH ISLAND (IGCSE - EDEXCEL)
WEST ISLAND (IGCSE -EDEXCEL)
KOREAN INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL (GCE-CIE)
YEW CHUNG INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL (IGCSE - CIE)
KCCIS (IGCSE - EDEXCEL)
- Professional Full time
- Graduate from The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Major in Economics
-Master of Professional Accounting, POLYU
Students come from: North London Collegiate school, London, UK [UK Top 5 Private School -Edexcel Exam Board] Peter Symonds, Wincester, UK [ UK Top 5 Public School - AQA Exam Board] Roedeam School, UK [Famous girls school, AQA Exam Board] City of London freemens' school, London, UK [UK Top 100, Private - AQA Exam Board] South Island International [IGCSE/IB] West Island International [IGCSE/IB] King George V [HK IB] Candian Internation School [HK-IB ]